Expander Shaft Flexible Coupling For Electrical Isolation
Tapered expander shaft couples encoders or other transducers to large diameter shafts without the need for adapters or stub shafts. capacity. Dielectric bushing provides electrical and thermal isolation.
If you need help in selecting the correct part number or do not see your part number listed, please contact us.
- All couplings have an inside relief so that the shafts will not touch the beams at maximum misalignment.
- Clamps are an integral part of the coupling and use hex socket head cap screws with black oxide finish. Tightening torques are the screw manufacturer’s maximum ratings.
- Set screws are 120° All screws are hex socket with black oxide finish. Tightening torque are the screw manufacturer’s maximum ratings.
- G10 phenolic inserts for thermal and electrical isolation come standard with the E and F series.
- Coupling material is 2024-T3.51 aluminum with MIL A8625F Type II black anodize.
- Static torque is the maximum torque rating for each B1 bore. The correct dynamic torque safety factor should be determined by the customer in accordance with fast reversals, acceleration, deceleration, sudden stops, etc.
- Torque and torsional stiffness rating are at a maximum misalignment, not in a straight line.
- The expanding shaft torque holding force is dependent on the pilot hole finish and the expander screw’s tightness.
- Mass and inertia are calculated without the G10 insert.
- Follow the installation procedures to ensure infinite life.
- TEST BEFORE YOU BUY. Rocom will furnish samples at no charge for all new OEM designs or for comparative evaluation.